Voted Georgia's Best Personal Injury Law Firm
Rome Personal Injury Attorneys
Have a Case? Contact Us Today
I called Matt after several people recommended him. He was very kind and did a very good job on my son’s case. We are very thankful for the work he did. Most importantly, he was never hard to reach and answered every question we had while going through the process. Matt is the only attorney I will ever call in the future.
My husband is a cyclist that did not fair well against an SUV recently. Matt and his team took phenomenal care of us, allowing us not to stress out (too much) about the little things. Matt and his team handled everything with professionalism. We know we made the right call.
So glad I hired this firm after my rearend car accident. Matt embodies the skill set and values I was looking for. He treats every case like a mini war, and was a zealous advocate on my behalf. And he did so in the most competent and skillful manner. He listened, was empathetic and understood my legal and nonlegal problems.
My 85-year old mom was in a motor vehicle accident with an uninsured motorist. His love, thoroughness and commitment to her case helped us through this accident and her cancer treatment. She underwent successful lobectomy and chemotherapy and is doing exceptionally well. We are immensely grateful.
It was important to me to get the maximum money I could for my broken neck and arm. After getting jerked around for months by State Farm, I interviewed several firms and chose Mr. Wetherington. I’m glad I did. He forced the insurance company to pay twenty times their last offer to me.
It is an honor to share my experience with Mr. Wetherington. He was able to get answers about what happened in my son’s wreck that other attorney’s were not able to do. I am so thankful for the work that he did and he was very thorough in his explanation of why the vehicle had a “defect.”
My case did not settle. The person that hit me only had minimal policy limits. Fortunately, I had my own insurance, which should have provided more money. My insurance company, Allstate, treated me like garbage. We had to sue them and go all the way to trial, which we won.
- Jane Doe
Matt Wetherington is the attorney who is suing the booting companies. We need to do everything we can as a community to help him succeed. God bless you, Mr. Wetherington!
The best! Great people and always friendly.
Fighting For Accident Victims in Rome, GA
The largest city and county seat of Floyd County, Rome is located about an hour northwest of Atlanta. Rome is the home of many unique attractions, including the Myrtle Hill Cemetery, the Oak Hill & The Martha Berry Museum, the Downtown Heritage Trail system, and the Chieftains Museum/Major Ridge Home.
At Wetherington Law, our Rome personal injury lawyers are devoted to providing the highest level of legal representation to victims and their families. If you or someone you know was hurt in an accident in Floyd County, you need professional representation. Our firm is comprised of dedicated, knowledgeable attorneys who have the ability to handle any civil litigation matter. For a free, no-obligation initial consultation with a top-rated Georgia personal injury lawyer, please contact our Rome office today.
An Overview of Personal Injury Claims We Handle in Rome, Georgia
As a highly regarded personal injury law firm that has helped clients secure millions in financial compensation, we take on the full range of severe and catastrophic personal injury claims. Our Rome, GA personal injury lawyers fight for the rights of the people who need support the most. Personal injury claims that we are prepared to help you within Floyd County include:
- Car Accidents: Each year, thousands of people in Georgia are seriously injured in car accidents. We are here to help you navigate the motor vehicle accident claims process.
- Bicycle Collisions: Were you hurt in a bicycle accident in Floyd County? Our Rome, GA bicycle accident lawyers are here to help you secure justice and compensation.
- Motorcycle Accident Injuries: Sadly, motorcyclists still face some unfair stereotypes of insurers. We can help you get justice. Call our Rome, GA motorcycle accident lawyers today.
- Private and Public Bus Accident Claims: We take on all types of bus accident claims throughout the Greater Atlanta area.
- Pedestrian Collisions: Too many motorists fail to take adequate care to watch out for the health and well-being of pedestrians. Our Georgia pedestrian accident lawyers represent seriously injured victims in Rome.
- Large Truck Accidents: State and federal regulations are in place to ensure that trucking companies take proper safety precautions. They should never put their profits before the safety of the public. We help injured victims hold large truck companies accountable.
- Defective Truck and Car Accidents: Defects are often found in vehicles and can pose a serious threat to those operating them. Let us help you hold vehicle manufacturers accountable for defective manufacturing, parts, and more.
- Slip and Fall Accidents: Slips and falls can cause severe injuries. Were you hurt in a slip and fall at a business (or other property) in Rome? We are ready to help you hold negligent business or property owner liability.
- Premises Liability Law: Our Rome, GA personal injury attorneys are qualified to handle the full spectrum of premises liability claims, including negligent security lawsuits.
- Wrongful Death Claims: The loss of a loved one is devastating, especially if it was at the hand of a negligent party. Let our firm help you hold them accountable.
- Defective Drugs: Too many large drug manufacturers cut corners on safety. Profits cannot come before people. Our Rome dangerous drug lawyers fight for the rights of people and their families.
- Rideshare Accident Claims: We know what it takes to hold rideshare companies like Uber and Lyft and their drivers accountable for negligent driving.
- Medical Malpractice Claims: Our Rome medical malpractice lawyers have the legal skill to help patients and families navigate the complexities of a medical malpractice claim in Georgia.
You Deserve Full and Fair Financial Compensation After an Accident
If you were hurt in a serious accident in Floyd County, it is essential that you are able to get full financial compensation to pay your bills and support your family. Sadly, insurance companies do not make the personal injury claims process easy on ordinary people. Our Rome, GA personal injury lawyers have the professional and legal experience needed to maximize your settlement or verdict. Along with other damages, financial relief may be offered for any or all of the following:
- Emergency medical care;
- Hospital bills and health care costs;
- Physical therapy and/or psychological counseling;
- Loss of current and future wages/business income;
- Pain and suffering & emotional distress;
- Permanent physical disability; and
- Wrongful death of an immediate family member.
- Hear your story and answer your questions about the claims process;
- Investigate the accident, securing the evidence needed to prove fault and damages;
- Handle all legal paperwork and correspondence with insurance companies; and
- Devise a proactive, results-driven strategy designed to get you the best results.
Common Injuries Sustained in Car Accidents
Car accidents in Rome cause very serious injuries that are incredibly painful and expensive to treat. The most common of these include:
- Fractured bones
- Burns and scarring
- Head injuries
- Traumatic brain injuries
- Neck injuries
- Back injuries, including trauma to the spinal cord
- Wrongful death
Common Causes of Car Accidents
Many car accidents are caused by negligent drivers who fail to comply with the rules of the road outlined in Georgia law. When drivers violate traffic rules, they are considered negligent per se. This means that a violation of the law is enough to presume that someone acted negligently, and you are not responsible for proving fault. You must, however, prove a violation of traffic law occurred. Some of the most common traffic violations that cause collisions on the road are as follows:
- Driving while intoxicated
- Using a handheld device while driving
- Failure to yield
- Road rage
- Improper passing of another vehicle
- Failing to use turn signals
- Reckless driving
The above are just a few of the most common causes of car accidents in Rome. Defective vehicles or faulty parts on vehicles, negligent repair and maintenance shops, and faulty road design are all other common causes of collisions in the city.
Determining Liability After a Car Accident
It is critical to determine what caused your accident so you know which party to hold liable for paying you full damages. Determining liability, or fault, is not always easy so it is usually required to work with a Rome car accident attorney. Liability may lie with one or more of the following parties:
- Negligent drivers who broke traffic law or otherwise acted negligently
- Manufacturers of defective vehicles and faulty vehicle parts
- Negligent repair shops responsible for servicing and maintaining vehicles
- A negligent government entity or contractor responsible for designing or maintaining the roads
Let Our Car Accident Attorneys in Rome Review Your Case Today
After a car accident that was not your fault, you should not have to pay for your medical bills and other expenses, especially at a time when you are unable to work. At Wetherington Law Firm, PC, our Rome car accidents attorneys will determine who was to blame for your crash, and hold them accountable for paying the full and fair settlement you justly deserve. Contact us online to schedule a consultation and to learn more about your legal options.