Voted Best Personal Injury Law Firm By Georgia Lawyers
Thomasville Personal Injury Lawyers
Matt Wetherington with Wetherington Law Firm,P.C. is the hardest working attorney I have ever worked with. He went above and beyond our expectations. Calls and emails are returned promptly and by Mr. Wetherington himself.
5 Stars is nowhere near enough to rate how awesome Matt and his colleagues were. They took my case even when I didn’t think there was anything we could do. I was in a bad situation at the time and Matt, Robert, and Sarah were there for me every step of the way.
I’m so grateful to Ben Levy and everything he did for me. He was truly dedicated to helping my case. Throughout the process, Ben was very thoughtful, responsive, organized, and made sure I was fully informed along the way.
Free Injury Lawyer Consultation
Personal injuries can happen in many ways, like car accidents, slips and falls, or even when using something that’s broken. These injuries can change lives, causing pain, making it hard to work, and leading to big medical bills. Georgia law says that if you’re hurt because someone else wasn’t careful, you have the right to ask for money to help with these troubles. This is called a compensation claim. For example, according to the Georgia Code (O.C.G.A. § 51-1-6), if someone else’s mistake causes you harm, you might get money for your injuries and other losses.
The law also talks about how long you have to ask for this help. In Georgia, you usually have two years from the day you get hurt to start your claim (O.C.G.A. § 9-3-33). Waiting too long could mean you miss your chance to get help. It’s important to know these rules because they help you understand what you can do if you’re injured.
At Wetherington Law Firm in Thomasville, we’re experts at helping people who’ve been hurt. We know the laws and how to fight for the money and support you deserve. Our team works hard to handle all the legal stuff, so you can focus on getting better. If you or someone you know is dealing with a personal injury, come talk to us. We’re here to listen and help you through this tough time, making sure you’re treated fairly every step of the way. Call us today!
Understanding Personal Injury Claims in Thomasville
Personal injuries in Thomasville can turn your life upside down. Imagine you’re going about your day and suddenly, an accident happens. This could be a car crash on Jackson Street or a fall at a local store. The pain and struggles that follow aren’t just about the injuries themselves. They mess with your daily life, make work hard to do, and stack up medical bills. It’s a heavy load on your shoulders, all because someone else didn’t take care or make things safe.
Under Georgia’s law, if you’re hurt like this, you have the right to ask for help, which is ‘compensation’, to fix what went wrong. For instance, if your injury was someone else’s fault, the O.C.G.A. § 51-1-6 says they should make it right. But there’s a time limit – called the ‘statute of limitations’ – which is usually two years here, based on O.C.G.A. § 9-3-33. It’s kinda like a countdown for asking for this help, so being quick is key.
If you’re tangled up in this injury mess, Wetherington Law Firm in Thomasville is your go-to helper. We dig deep into the law to fight for your rights and get you what you need to heal and cover those bills. Our team is all about sitting down with you, hearing your story, and coming up with a strong plan. Call us up – at Wetherington Law Firm, we’re all about turning your tough times into a chance for a fresh start.
Steps to Take After Suffering a Personal Injury
Suddenly getting hurt can feel scary and confusing, but at Wetherington Law Firm, we want you to know the right steps to take after a personal injury, so you’re safe and can get the help you need.
First, see a doctor right away. Even if you don’t look hurt, a doctor can check you out and find any hidden injuries. Then, talk to the police or a manager if you’re hurt somewhere like a store. They’ll make a report, which is like a story about what happened, and this report can help later. Remember to take photos of where you got hurt and what hurt you, along with any cuts or bruises on you. And if anybody saw what happened, ask for their name and number, so they can tell your story later.
Lastly, before you chat with insurance companies or say yes to any money, call us at Wetherington Law Firm. We’re right here in Thomasville to help you understand your rights and make smart choices. Our team is like detectives, looking into your story, dealing with the tricky parts, and making sure you get the money you need to fix what’s gone wrong. Don’t carry this heavy load alone – we’re here to lift it with you and get you back on your feet.
Handling All Types of Personal Injury Claims in Thomasville
As one of the most respected and highly regarded personal injury law firms in Georgia, we have devoted our practice to handling serious and catastrophic injury claims. Our Thomasville, GA personal injury lawyers are qualified to take on the most complex of cases. Some notable examples of personal injury claims that we are ready to take on Thomas County include:
- Car Crashes: If you were hurt in a car crash in Thomasville, you need an attorney who has the skills and experience to help you navigate the insurance claims process.
- Bicycle Accident Injury: South Georgia is beautiful. It can be a wonderful place for biking—but only if drivers take proper safety precautions. We represent injured bike accident victims in Thomas County.
- Motorcycle Accident: Motorcycle accident claims are complex. Our Thomasville motorcycle accident lawyer is standing by, ready to help you get justice.
- Pedestrian Accidents: Pedestrian collisions affect all communities—not only large cities. Our Thomasville, GA pedestrian accident lawyers fight aggressively to protect injured victims.
- Truck Accidents: Plenty of major highways run through Thomas County, including U.S. Route 319 and U.S. Route 19. Many large commercial trucks pass through Thomasville every day. We fight for the rights of truck accident victims in Thomasville.
- Boat Accident Injuries: Thomas County is a top area for boating. Unfortunately, accidents can happen when proper safety precautions are not taken.
- Slip and Falls: Were you hurt in a slip and fall while on another person’s property? Our Thomasville, GA slip and fall accident lawyers are standing by, ready to help.
- Premises Liability Claims: We handle all types of premises liability claims. Beyond slip and falls, this also includes improper maintenance claims and negligent security claims.
- Dangerous and Defective Drugs: Drug companies have a duty to look out for the safety of patients. If you were harmed by a dangerous drug, we are here to help you get justice.
- Medical Malpractice Lawsuits: Georgia’s medical malpractice laws are complex. We know how to hold negligent doctors, hospitals, and other health providers to account.
Car Accidents are Governed by Tort Law in Thomasville
Car accidents in Thomasville, as throughout the rest of Georgia, are governed by tort law. Under the law, you can file a car accident claim against the negligent driver to claim damages such as medical expenses, lost income, and more. To file a claim against a careless driver, you must file a claim with their insurance company.
It is easy to assume that because insurers are supposed to help make things easier for car accident victims after a crash, obtaining compensation from the insurance company is not difficult. Unfortunately, that is not true. Insurance companies are massive corporations, and they are far more interested in protecting their profits than they are in helping you seek the compensation you deserve.
The insurer will try many tactics to reduce your claim or deny it altogether. They may argue that you caused the accident, not the party they represent, or claim that you had pre-existing injuries that were not caused by the crash. This is one reason it is so important to work with a Thomasville car accident attorney who will not allow insurers to get away with these tactics and who will hold them accountable for paying the full damages you are entitled to.
What Compensation Can You Recover After an Accident?
Were you hurt in a serious accident in Thomas County, Georgia? If so, you have the right to seek financial relief for both monetary and intangible losses. Sadly, corporations and insurance companies fight hard to resolve potential liability for the lowest amount possible. Our Thomasville personal injury lawyers go above and beyond to help injured victims secure the full financial support that they rightfully deserve. Along with other types of damages, you may recover for:
- Property damage (such as automobile repairs);
- Ambulance costs and emergency medical care;
- Hospital bills and other health care expenses;
- Loss of wages and loss of earning power;
- Pain and suffering & mental anguish;
- Long-term physical disability or impairment; and
- Wrongful death of a close family member.
What constitutes a personal injury case?
- Negligence: Someone failed to act with reasonable care, causing harm to another person. For example, a driver not paying attention and causing a car accident.
- Intentional Acts: Someone intentionally causes harm to another, such as assault or battery.
- Defective Products: Injuries caused by products that are unsafe because of manufacturing or design flaws.
- Premises Liability: Injuries occurring on someone’s property due to unsafe conditions, like slip and falls.
- Medical Malpractice: Healthcare professionals providing substandard care that results in harm to a patient.
- Workplace Accidents: Injuries sustained while working, covered under worker’s compensation laws.
- Wrongful Death: Claims filed on behalf of someone who died due to another’s negligence or intentional act.
How long do I have to file a personal injury claim in Georgia?
- General Personal Injury: You have 2 years from the date of the injury to file a lawsuit.
- Property Damage: If the injury involves property damage, you have 4 years from the date of the damage to file a claim.
- Medical Malpractice: For medical malpractice claims, you also have 2 years from the date of the injury or from when the injury was discovered, but no more than 5 years after the act that caused the injury.
- Claims Against the Government: If your claim is against a city or county in Georgia, you have 6 months to file a notice of claim. For claims against the state, the timeline is generally 1 year.
Why Rely On the Thomasville Personal Injury Lawyers at Wetherington Law
It is normal to be confused, stressed, and totally overwhelmed after a serious accident. At Wetherington Law, we are here to help you navigate every aspect of the personal injury claims process. When you get in touch with us at our Thomasville law office, you will have a chance to work with a Georgia personal injury lawyer who will:
- Answer your questions and explain your options during a free consultation;
- Carefully investigate the accident—gathering and organizing the evidence you need;
- Handle the legal paperwork and advocate for your interests in settlement negotiations; and
- Develop a proactive and pragmatic approach focused on securing you the best outcome.
Contact Our Thomasville Personal Injury Attorneys Today
At Wetherington Law, our Thomasville personal injury lawyers are aggressive, justice-driven advocates for victims and their family members. If you or your loved one was seriously hurt in any type of accident, we are here to protect your rights. Give us a call now or connect with us online to set up your free case evaluation. With a law office in Thomasville, we represent injured victims throughout Thomas County, including in Boston, Coolidge, Barwick, Meigs, Pavo, and Ochlocknee.