Voted Best Personal Injury Law Firm By Georgia Lawyers
Atlanta Motor Vehicle Accident Attorneys
Matt Wetherington with Wetherington Law Firm,P.C. is the hardest working attorney I have ever worked with. He went above and beyond our expectations. Calls and emails are returned promptly and by Mr. Wetherington himself.
5 Stars is nowhere near enough to rate how awesome Matt and his colleagues were. They took my case even when I didn’t think there was anything we could do. I was in a bad situation at the time and Matt, Robert, and Sarah were there for me every step of the way.
I’m so grateful to Ben Levy and everything he did for me. He was truly dedicated to helping my case. Throughout the process, Ben was very thoughtful, responsive, organized, and made sure I was fully informed along the way.
Free Injury Lawyer Consultation
Experienced and Dedicated Motor Vehicle Accident Attorneys in Atlanta, GA
In the capital city of Georgia, there is so much to see and do in Atlanta. With just under half a million people living here, the streets can become very congested. Not only do residents use the city streets, but so do visitors, cyclists, pedestrians, and commercial trucks responsible for bringing the consumer goods people in the city use every day. All of these lead to congested roads, which always increase the chances of a crash occurring.
The amount of accidents throughout the state has increased steadily since 2014, largely because more people are on the roads. Any negligent act by another driver can easily result in a crash that will have a devastating impact on your life. Regardless of the type of accident you have been in, our Atlanta motor vehicle accident attorneys can help you claim the financial compensation you deserve.
We understand the complex Georgia traffic laws and the ins and outs of accident liability, ensuring your case is handled effectively to achieve the best possible outcome. Our Motor Vehicle Accident Attorneys in Georgia have a proven track record of successfully navigating the challenging aftermath of car accidents, truck collisions, motorcycle crashes, and other vehicular incidents that can turn your life upside down.
Facing the insurance companies alone can be daunting, but with our skilled accident attorneys by your side, you won’t have to. We’re seasoned in dealing with tough negotiations and are committed to securing the compensation you deserve for medical expenses, lost wages, and pain and suffering.
Whether you’re dealing with the repercussions of a distracted driving incident or the fallout from a DUI-related accident, we stand ready to advocate fiercely for your rights. Our clients across Atlanta and beyond have come to trust our strategic approach and personalized attention to every detail of their case.
When the unexpected happens, and you’re left to navigate the aftermath of a motor vehicle accident in Atlanta, choosing the right legal team is crucial. Reach out to us for a free consultation, and let our top accident lawyers provide the dedicated support and aggressive representation you need to steer through the legal process. Remember, time is of the essence when seeking justice and compensation—you don’t have to face this alone.
Types of Motor Vehicle Accidents in Atlanta
Most people think strictly of car accidents when they think of collisions on the road. However, there are others, as well. These include:
- Uninsured Motorist Accidents: Like all other states, Georgia law requires all drivers to carry a certain amount of auto insurance. Unfortunately, not all motorists comply with this law. The law does not require motorists to carry uninsured motorist coverage but without it, accident victims have little recourse if they are hurt by a negligent driver.
- Motorcycle Accidents: Motorcyclists are largely exposed when they are out on the roads. Even when wearing a helmet and other safety gear, their body is simply not shielded in the same way as drivers of passenger vehicles. As such, bikers can sustain some of the worst injuries in a crash.
- Truck Accidents: Trucks can weigh up to 80,000 pounds when they are fully loaded, while passenger vehicles usually weigh closer to 4,000. The sheer weight and size of a truck means a crash involving one will result in catastrophic injuries for those in smaller vehicles.
- Boating Accidents: Recreation can quickly turn to devastation if proper boating regulations and safety aren’t followed, manufacturers miss the mark, and distributors are negligent.
- Bicycle Accidents: Bicycles may not be motor vehicles, but they are legally classified as vehicles nonetheless. Like motorcyclists, individuals on bikes have almost no protection when they are hit and they sustain severe injuries as a result.
- Pedestrian Accidents: Pedestrians struck by vehicles in Georgia deserve to have their rights fought for. Were you struck by a vehicle? Work with our attorneys at Wetherington Law Firm today.
- Auto Accidents: Thousands of accidents occur each year in Georgia resulting in serious injury. You should know your legal options if you’ve been injured in a car accident in Atlanta.
- Scooter Accidents: With increases in e-scooters such as Bird and Lime scooters, injuries are bound to occur. Do all you can to protect your rights and fight for your compensation.
- MARTA Accidents: Atlanta’s public transportation system has been known to get into and cause accidents around our city. Learn what you can do to hold them accountable if you were injured in an accident by a bus or train.
What to Do Following a Motor Vehicle Accident in Georgia
If you’re in a motor vehicle accident in Georgia, immediate action is vital. Check for injuries and call for emergency medical help if needed. For minor accidents without injuries, move your vehicle to safety to avoid disrupting traffic; otherwise, enable hazard lights to alert other motorists. Documenting the scene is key—capture photos of all vehicles, licenses, and any relevant road conditions. Exchange driver information, including contact, insurance, and car registration, but avoid discussing fault at this stage.
As soon as you’ve addressed immediate safety and gathered evidence, it’s essential to involve the authorities. Contacting the police results in an official accident report, a crucial document for insurance and legal proceedings. Provide clear and factual information for the report, and inquire about the procedure to obtain a copy subsequently.
Informing your insurance company promptly after the accident is a must. Arm yourself with the accident report, photographic evidence, and details of the involved parties and witnesses when you contact them. Act with caution when dealing with insurers—hold off on final agreements until you’ve had legal consultation.
Securing legal counsel is particularly advisable. A specialized motor vehicle accident lawyer can navigate Georgia’s complex legal system on your behalf. They work to ensure you’re fairly compensated for damages and losses, and that your rights are protected throughout the claims process. Quick and informed action post-accident is paramount for a favorable resolution. Reach out to our dedicated motor vehicle accident lawyers in Georgia to help you evaluate the situation.
Adequate Medical Treatment is Crucial After a Motor Vehicle Accident
Seeking medical treatment after a crash is crucial. Your priority right now should be your own safety and well-being and so, a doctor should examine you and identify any injury you suffered. Many people incorrectly think they are not hurt after a crash, only to learn later that they sustained injuries such as a concussion, whiplash, and other injuries, as well. You must receive medical treatment right away so your injuries do not become worse.
Seeing a doctor after an accident is also important to any accident claim you may file in the future. If you do not seek treatment, or it is not documented in medical records, the insurance company will argue you were not injured and so, do not have a right to collect damages. Our motor vehicle accident attorneys in Atlanta will ensure you receive the necessary medical treatment and help you obtain any compensation available.
Call Our Motor Vehicle Accident Attorneys in Atlanta Now
If you have been hurt, do not file an injury claim on your own. At Wetherington Law Firm, our Atlanta motor vehicle accident attorneys are dedicated to helping accident victims claim the full financial compensation they deserve and we can help you, too. Call us now or contact us online to schedule a meeting with one of our knowledgeable attorneys.