Voted Best Personal Injury Law Firm By Georgia Lawyers
Macon Uber Accident Lawyers
I called Matt after several people recommended him. He was very kind and did a very good job on my son’s case. We are very thankful for the work he did. Most importantly, he was never hard to reach and answered every question we had while going through the process. Matt is the only attorney I will ever call in the future.
My husband is a cyclist that did not fair well against an SUV recently. Matt and his team took phenomenal care of us, allowing us not to stress out (too much) about the little things. Matt and his team handled everything with professionalism. We know we made the right call.
So glad I hired this firm after my rearend car accident. Matt embodies the skill set and values I was looking for. He treats every case like a mini war, and was a zealous advocate on my behalf. And he did so in the most competent and skillful manner. He listened, was empathetic and understood my legal and nonlegal problems.
My 85-year old mom was in a motor vehicle accident with an uninsured motorist. His love, thoroughness and commitment to her case helped us through this accident and her cancer treatment. She underwent successful lobectomy and chemotherapy and is doing exceptionally well. We are immensely grateful.
It was important to me to get the maximum money I could for my broken neck and arm. After getting jerked around for months by State Farm, I interviewed several firms and chose Mr. Wetherington. I’m glad I did. He forced the insurance company to pay twenty times their last offer to me.
It is an honor to share my experience with Mr. Wetherington. He was able to get answers about what happened in my son’s wreck that other attorney’s were not able to do. I am so thankful for the work that he did and he was very thorough in his explanation of why the vehicle had a “defect.”
My case did not settle. The person that hit me only had minimal policy limits. Fortunately, I had my own insurance, which should have provided more money. My insurance company, Allstate, treated me like garbage. We had to sue them and go all the way to trial, which we won.
- Jane Doe
Matt Wetherington is the attorney who is suing the booting companies. We need to do everything we can as a community to help him succeed. God bless you, Mr. Wetherington!
The best! Great people and always friendly.
At Wetherington Law Firm, P.C., our Macon Uber accident lawyers are experienced and effective advocates for people hurt in accidents. Uber and its insurers must be held accountable after an accident. We are a boutique law firm devoted to handling serious injury cases. If you or someone you know was injured in an Uber accident, our legal team can help. For a free, fully confidential consultation with a Georgia ridesharing accident attorney, please contact our Macon office today.
What to Do After an Uber Accident in Macon, GA
The immediate aftermath of a motor vehicle collision is stressful and chaotic—especially so if a ridesharing vehicle was involved in the crash. You need to know what to do to protect your rights and interests. Here are four key steps to take after a rideshare accident in Macon:
- Report and Document the Rideshare Accident: All motor vehicle collisions that result in injuries should be reported to law enforcement in Georgia. If you were hurt as an Uber or Lyft passenger, make sure that your crash is properly reported. You should proactively document the collision. Take pictures and get contact information for witnesses.
- Seek Immediate Medical Care for Any Injuries: Emergency medical needs always come first. Seek professional medical care from a physician if you were hurt in an Uber accident. Not only is doing so important for your health and safety, but it is also a required step in the personal injury claims process.
- Notify Uber or Lyft that a Crash Occurred: You should notify the ridehsare company that a crash has occurred. As a passenger involved in an accident, you can use your smartphone app to notify the company. You are not required to give a statement at this time. Simple notice is sufficient.
- Consult With a Macon Car Accident Lawyer: You cannot trust Uber, Lyft, or its insurers for guidance with the personal injury claims process. An experienced Macon, GA auto accident lawyer will ensure that your rights are protected every step of the way.
An Overview of Ridesharing Insurance Regulations in Georgia
Georgia has insurance regulations in place for ridesharing vehicles. Under state law (O.C.G.A. 33-1-24(b)), all Ubers (and Lyfts) that are actively carrying passengers must have a minimum of $1,000,000 in liability coverage. Uber vehicles that are between trips, they must carry a sufficient contingent insurance policy.
All Uber Accidents Require a Comprehensive Investigation
Ridesharing accident claims in Georgia are fault-based cases. They are subject to the state’s comparative negligence standard (O.C.G.A. § 51-12-33). As a rideshare passenger, you are protected by the company’s commercial liability insurance policy either way. Still, it is imperative that all serious Uber and Lyft accidents are comprehensively investigated by an experienced Macon, GA ridesharing accident attorney. A lawyer will gather all of the evidence that you need to bring a claim.
Georgia Law: Statute of Limitations for Rideshare Accident Claims
In Georgia, motor vehicle accident injury claims—including Uber or Lyft accidents—are subject to a two-year statute of limitations (O.C.G.A § 9-3-33). If you do not file a personal injury lawsuit within two years of a crash, you will likely lose out on your right to do so at all. With that in mind, you should never wait to get started with the Uber accident claims process. You do not want to fall behind the defense. Consult with a Macon ridesharing accident lawyer for immediate help.
You Deserve Full and Fair Compensation After an Uber Accident
Whether you were hurt as a rideshare passenger, Uber or Lyft driver, occupant of another vehicle, or pedestrian, you need compensation to pay bills and support your family. Unfortunately, Uber’s insurance companies are notoriously aggressive. They try to resolve cases for the lowest amount possible. Our Macon ridesharing accident lawyers fight tirelessly to help injured victims maximize their settlement or verdict. Recovery may be available for any of the following types of damages:
- Property losses, including vehicle repairs;
- Ambulance costs and emergency room treatment;
- Medical bills and other health-related costs;
- Loss of income and loss of long-term earning capacity;
- Pain and suffering & emotional distress;
- Disability, disfigurement, or permanent impairment; and
- Wrongful death damages.
Consult With Our Macon Uber Accident Lawyers Today
At Wetherington Law Firm, P.C., our Macon Uber accident attorneys are standing by, ready to protect your rights and interests after a serious crash. If you or your family member was hurt in a ridesharing crash, we can help. Contact us today to arrange your free, fully private case evaluation. We handle rideshare accident injury claims in Macon, Bibb County, and throughout the wider region.